Your Personal Colour Palette | Part 1


It can sometimes be pretty tricky picking out make up colours that you know are going to suit you, especially if you're just starting out with make up. Here's one trick I use to nail it every time.

I call it your Personal Colour Palette.

What you need to do is look carefully at your face in a mirror. What colours can you see? Let's start off with your skin colour. Is it pink-toned? Or maybe your skin is more warm-toned, like mine.

What about your eye colour? For eyes, don't just stop at, say, 'brown'. What kind of brown? Are they light or dark?

Now let's move on to hair. Again, try to describe your hair colour in more specific ways than simply 'blonde' or 'brunette'.

Okay, so now that you've worked out the colours in your face... Voila! This is your Personal Colour Palette. My tip to picking make up colours that will suit you every. single. time. is to go for different shade of the colours in your Personal Colour Palette. Need an example? Let's use my face :)


I have pale, warm-toned skin, dark brown eyes, and ginger hair. In these photos, I've created a daytime make up look using colours from my Personal Colour Palette. I've used an eyeshadow in a super similar shade to my hair, and my blush is a peachy pink. My lips are bare, since I don't usually wear lip colours during the day.


Stay tuned for Part 2 of this post next Tuesday, where we'll try out a night time look using this same trick. In the meantime, let me know if you try out this trick and how it works for you!

xx Bec

No comments:

Post a Comment